Super 8 Official Website Launched

The official website for the J.J. Abrams / Steven Spielberg flick has gone live over at super8-movie.com

According to the guys over at aeromental.net the red letters that are flashing across the screen say "TITLE:, DATE:, PROCESSED BY KODAK". So nothing too significant there at the moment.

24 Responses to “Super 8 Official Website Launched”

1. Yiddleja says:

no official trailer as of yet but there is a leaked trailer popping up all over the internet. Whoever capped this deserves props as it’s a fairly good capture.

Anyways for now there is just a projector sound effect running in the background with what looks to be some red letters/numbers that are going vertical across the screen kinda like interference from the old projection screens. Maybe a link to another website if its going to be a Cloverfield type ARG. Hard to read as it scrolls across fast enough. Maybe I’m just looking far way into this.

2. Yiddleja says:

just found out the letters may say this…

3. admin says:

That’s an interesting site, it appears to have been registered by the same registration service as super8-movie.com as well, about a week after that domain was registered… I’ll look into it a bit more. Where did you read that this site may be connected?

4. man, jj and co sure know how to tease…CLOVER’s viral campaign took hours, days, weeks, make that MONTHS of my life trying to figure out where CLOVER came from what’s the deal with TAGRUATO, TIDOWAVE, SLUSHO and TEDDY HANSSEN, the mistery SWROD LOGO and so on and so forth and then one day i also stumbled across another viral sensation ALADYGMA that was until i got so tired i quit…and now this comes along…i’ve been following the rumors since Monday…specially when ppl thought it was a CLOVER sequel. two of my heroes collaborating on a film! STEVEN SPIELBERG + JJ ABRAMS! Dreams do come true!

5. Christian says:

just found your website today. one thing i think you should take to consideration is that the kodak thing was a clue, but a great amount of us wont get the reference. Super 8 was a camera back in the 60s that Kodak made.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_mm_film

look into it, maybe its a cloverfield style again.

6. Mason says:

guys, i seriously think that Christian is on to something, i first went to the website and saw the flashing letters on the official webpage inside of the camera lens, i couldn’t decifer much but i did see “kodak” flash by. that got me to thinking, so i googled ‘super 8 kodak’ and got a whole bunch of results. then i realized that it was a camera film developed by kodak that ran from the 1960’s to the late 1970’s. then i googled some film shot in the super 8 film format and compared the two. the one from the website with the letters flashing on the screen, and the video shot in the super 8 format. the results were strikingly similar. at the beginning of the teaser it said that in 1979, the air force shut down a part of area 51. the date from the teaser and the timeframe of which the super 8 film format was used are too uncanny to be considered a coincidence. i also remembered what jj abrams did for the first cloverfield teaser. it never actually said “Cloverfield”, just “1-18-08”. then, i realized the answer to the question, “What is Super 8?”. it hit me like a nuclear bomb. i couldn’t believe how simple it was. the answer is that “Super 8”, isn’t the title for the movie at all! its classic abrams. think back to cloverfield. 1-18-08 turned out to be a cover for the real movie’s title, cloverfield. as it turns out, “Super 8” is a geniously crafted false title to conceal the movie’s true title. all the peices fit the puzzle

7. admin says:

It’s no secret that “Super 8” is a type of film, I guess I just took for granted that people would know that. The original leaked plot line for the film states “Insiders familiar with the trailer tell us that it shows a bunch of kids who are shooting a movie with a Super 8 camera in the seventies or eighties. When they develop the film, they notice that there’s an alien creature in the frame. Our sources also say that Super 8 is absolutely connected to 2008’s Cloverfield (possibly a prequel, but not a sequel).”

So obviously that’s where the “Super 8” is coming from. As for it not being the title of the film, I’m willing to get that it is, in fact, the legit title. I’ve also read that the film will be shot in a traditional style, not the POV style like Cloverfield. So the leaked synopsis above could just be a piece of the overall story. Kids can capture something on film, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the entire movie will be shown that way.

8. Christian says:

well i guess me and mason are a couple steps behind. ha.

i know theres a plot leaked, but i still think “the firefight in dulce” still might have something to do with this movie.

9. Mason says:

how ever far behind Christian and i may have been, there is still one question left unanswered, what happens when the counter on scariestthingieversaw is finished? it looks almost as if its downloading something. the program on the website has got to be at least 50 years old, so it doesnt really surprise me that it would take it a week to download a 13 mb file.

10. JohnCross says:

I see two eyes and what appears to be a nose in the space just above the white square in the camera in http://www.super8-movie.com/, i suppose, if it where actually a pair of eyes and a nose, that it might be something pertaining the creature that is trying to get out of the train car in the trailer since it doesn`t have a human form (in my opinion). Anyway, food for thought…

11. Jack says:

Any chance that’s this link possibly related to super 8:

12. Jack says:

I was not serious of course 😉
    I just post for the the fun because I think it was when I found a super 8 hotel in Rosewell!

Haha, nice. I can’t tell when people are being serious sometimes. With Cloverfield I had people posting all sorts of ridiculous things that they thought were connected 🙂

13. NR01 says:

Guys check this out – http://haitisworst.deviantart.com/art/Super-8-Creature-165965502

This ”aparrently” is the Scariest thing they ever saw lol, a pro cap from the up n coming movie Super 8…

We shall see… Laterz

14. Steve Fratty says:

I would actually half believe that… if it hadn’t been for them not beginning proper filming yet, and that creature being a blatant Cloverfield monster with anorexia.

15. IJustGotBetter says:

Wait a sec:

you made a news site for cloverfield too?????

16. Maryam Carknard says:

Very Good article dude Thanks

17. That car looks awesome. I would pay anything to own it. Has anyone made any bids on it yet?:D Sow i want 2 o them if its possible

18. SGT. Sagara says:

If Super-8 will be like Cloverfield, I will definitely ask for a refund. Cloverfield was terrible, cinematography was too off. I ‘m not sure if JJ attended film making. hopefully he will learn a thing or two from S. Spielberg.

19. @SGT. Sagara I agree that J.J will learn something from Spielberg, but i disagree with your opinion for Cloverfield. If you didn’t like the cinematography, I BET you didn’t like Blair Witch, nor Rec, and the film was okay, nothing spectacular but, it is not a bad movie either…

20. Shelley Francione says:

Jajaja el final people mato de la risa: Total 0 es mas nisiquiera 0 NADA xDDDDD

21. Maria Jones says:

I had to write this email because of my bad & humiliating experience at your location in Prospect Heights, Illinois.

I am hoping, you will please deliver it to the appropriate person.

When I made a reservation, I was informed, that the Microwave/Refrigirator was included in the rate. However, when I got to the hotel, the GM,Ross Zwerling informed me rudely and in front of the whole hotel, at the same time in a lound voice, that they do not give out microwave/refrigirator for free. I had to pay additional fee of $4.00 a day. Also because I am not personally responsible for my payment, I do not have the right to request for any favors from them.

This was on Wednesday March 7, 2012.

The next day at 9am, the Sales Manager Shannnon Esposito, called me telling me that she is tired of her Staffs requesting her to provide a microwave/refrigirator for me. Also, that since I am not paying, someone else is paying on my behalf, I am trying to “take them for all they are worth.” She was therefore not going to give me any benefit.

I responded to her, that it does not matter, if I am paying or not. As long as they are getting paid, I should be treated with the same respect as other Guests in the Hotel. She then said anyway, “they do not have any
    available.”

Today, Friday March 9, 2012, I saw Shannnon at the Front Desk. I told her that I was very surprised at the way she spoke to me when she called me the day before. I guess, I was expecting an apology. But instead of getting of me getting one, I was threatened with an eviction. She was speaking to me the same way she spoke to me,on the phone, day before. This was also in the presence of the Clerk amd some Maids.

Her reason was that her Boss Ross, has instructed her that, if I continue the conversation about the Microwave/ Refrigirator, I would be asked to leave the Hotel. I could not believe my ears. Then she went on to say, that I was a trouble maker. That I have only been there for few days and she knows me. Whereas, other Guests, who have been there longer, than me, she does not see them except when they come to pay their bill.

When she left the premises, I followed her to her car and asked her why she and her boss hate me. Also, if I have done something wrong, to offend them? She said, she could not talk to me, but would talk to me when she gets back to the hotel.

I was naive to think that, if I spoke to her we might be able to resolve the matter. Unfortunately, we could not. She continued to refuse to talk to me in private. In fact, she said that if I countinue to talk to her, she was going to ask me to leave. I told her it was fine, and she was free to do whatever makes her happy. Because I felt, I should not continue to take the insults from her and Ross. Also, that since I paid for the month, as long as she gives me the refund, I am fine.

The person who paid, called her, after I spoke to them about what was going on.

To cut the long story short, she decided, I had only 30 minutes to pack my belongings and leave the premises. When I told her that I would like to wait for my son, to come back from school, before moving, she called the police.

You can imagine the humiliation. I asked her why she was doing this. Her respponse to me was, that “I was daring her.”

The police came, I got my refund and we checked out into a better hotel without the problem of any sort. And the hotel did not charge me extra for the microwave/ refrigirator. The breakfast is free, and better. And so is the internet.

I just feel you should know. Because I plan to find out what my options are in regards to filing a discrimination suit against the company, that owns this location.

Because however, I pay should not matter, as long as I pay. And I am very sure that they have other Guests whose bills are being paid for by Social Service Agencies. Would they deny them the promised amenities after check in, and force them to pay extra, simply because someone else is responsible for their bill. Or even go as far as to dehuminize them and publicly humiliate them over something, that they promised to provide.

Thank you very much for your time and your sincere cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,