New Audio File and Print Out!

A new printout and audio file have appeared on the Scariest Thing I Ever Saw website over the weekend and while it does update the Super 8 viral it doesn't really give us any new information.

Let's look at the latest print out first. For those of you that don't know where to find this, go to the scariest thing website, move the terminal window off to the side and you will see a window that asks you if you want to print all, click ok then either send the document to a printer or print it to a PDF and open it on your computer. I've attached a screenshot for those that don't want to bother printing it themselves, as well as a transcript of the new information.

They're looking in the wrong place. But I still found you easily. If you
want to find your father we'll have to be more careful. I'm working on it.

>Are you still there?? Hello??

>> I don't know who you are but I'm getting really tired of these games.
>> If you actually know anything, come out and say it. Otherwise, I'm
>> not going to respond to your crypic messages.

>>> Ok, I took everthing down. Who do you think I am? What do you know
>>> about my father?

The rest of the print out has been around for a while so I'm not going to transcribe the whole thing, but I will come up with a method for grouping information by site as someone mentioned in the comments, just give me some time. (thanks for the suggestion).

Along with the print out we also have an audio file that appears behind the "print" window. There is now another folder on the desktop called "Audio" and it contains an mp3 file called "untitled.mp3". From what you guys have gathered it sounds like an exchange between a customer and a clerk at a convenience store. Some of you guys are speculating that Josh and another man talking, I'm not sure if Josh is the one working or if he is the one looking for the product, but myfingerstink's transcribed it pretty well, since it's basically what I heard as well, but I have removed the indications of who is who because I'm not 100 percent sure that Josh couldn't be the one working the counter.

Customer -Sorry, I didnt see any back there.
Clerk -If we have any we would let you know.
Customer -Blue can, Lion on it? You think theres any in back?
Clerk -No
Customer -Okay then, sorry.
(leaves)

Some of you went ahead and tried to find a "Blue Can with a Lion on it" and came up with Roaring Lion, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Roaring Lion is not part of the viral, or at least Roaring Lion's site and information aren't going to yield any clues. Roaring Lion has been around for years as a cheaper alternative to Red Bull that bars use to mix drinks with. I mean, I guess it could just be a guy looking for an energy drink and the producers of the viral are throwing a little jab at the Cloverfield followers with the whole "it's a lion" thing, but I'm not sure.

roaring lion

So that's what we've got so far. I'm just glad something new has happened and hopefully I won't be out of town the next time they decide to drop some new information on this. And I'll work on organizing posts by website so you can see all the updates based on site. So look for that information in the sidebar later today.

More screenshots after the jump

audio file

audio file

audio file

94 Responses to “New Audio File and Print Out!”

1. Wes says:

Here’s the picture I uploaded. http://twitpic.com/2mvu15/full

2. Jason says:

any ideas wat the audio is saying?

3. marcos says:

it sounds like a interview of some sort..

• Jon says:

It sounds to me like they are in a break room or something or reviewing a days event. The man in the beginning says I’m sorry I didn’t see him back there and then later on in the conversation another man asks if there is “anything back there” (I think). So I’m gussing this conversation is taking place in Area 51 between employees. I still want to find out what that little beep is, it sounds like a camera or something turning on. Tell me what you think

4. kush says:

The beeps that play in the mp3 file during the conversation sound like the beeps from the braegen14 sound file.

5. I noticed there’s a lot of errors in the print out, and a part is really blurry. Maybe this is trying to tell us something that “they” cannot find out? Either the viral person typed this wrong or it’s telling us something.

6. @Wes
    um, why is the picture you uploaded and the actual print out different???

7. CzM says:

FINALLY!

okay, I don’t know if these are the words that I am hearing or not, but maybe someone could help fill in the blanks.

The first sentence sounds like someone has said:

“Sorry, I didn’t see…” (I couldn’t make out the rest)

Second sentence sounds like someone has said:

“If we had anything it didn’t show…” (this may have been the entire sentence but I wasn’t sure)

Third sentence sounds like someone has said (and these words were so unrecognizable that my interpretation is more than likely way off):

“Blue camp, lion’s…”(this is most likely not what was said but if anyone has a better idea, you are obviously welcome to make a correction)

Fourth sentence sounds like someone has said:

“Do you think there is any in that town?” (or “on back channel”)

I’m not sure if any of this was said at all but I have listened at least a dozen times and I will listen some more in order to obtain clearer phrases.

• James V. says:

okay heres my interpetation :
      sorry didn’t see him back there.
      If we had anything it’d be important/recorded/reported (not sure which)
      We’ll we/he came lying on it (makes no sense but close as I could hear)
      good thing were sending it back now.
      Ok , sorry. (Thud)
      That’s what I think it sounds like I’m working on editing sound quality for better hearing but I need download link!!!!!

• James V. says:

Examining it more so discovered what CZm thought was blue camp and lions
        but its actually around Luke came in lying on it, the second sentence drones silent but I’m working on it 🙂

8. James V. says:

download the sound this helped me and it will help you to!!!!

9. CzM says:

I am not sure if this is an interview. It sounds more like a briefing. But between who, is anyone’s guess.

10. Joshua sanchez says:

It sounds like maybe the people speaking are eating or something may at table? A family situation perhaps like in ET’s oppening scene.

11. myfingerstinks says:

This is the most probable theory so far;

Josh -Sorry, I didnt see any back there.
    Clerk -If we have any we would let you know.
    Josh -Blue can, Lion on it? You think theres any in back?
    Clerk -No
    Josh -Okay then, sorry.
    (leaves)

I think that this is an audio recording of Josh Minker in a convenience store, asking a clerk if he had a product that was a blue can with a lion on it. First he cannot find it in the store shelves, and confronts the clerk. Because when I go to a store like walmart, I know that there is a supply room “in the back” of the store, usually products that aren’t on the shelves yet. Josh is being recorded through means of the government. They most likely planted a recording device on him. Note that the Blue Can must have quite a significance to him. My guess is that it is some type of specialty fish food for his number of exotic fish. Hope I didn’t get too carried away!

12. Eli S. says:

I think that the way the “Scariest” site and the whole Poppeteers thing seems to be playing out, in my opinion i think J.J. seems to be testing the determination of the viral and Sci-fi community, I’ve been keeping tabs on this whole situation for quite some time, i think this is somehow connected to cloverfield in some form. i think the real meat of this whole thing is in the “Scariest” site, it seems to have a lot of thought put into hiding it in the first place (in the trailer) but there wasn’t a Scariest thing i ever saw truck at comic-con! I think the poppeteers is going to be an ad campaign for this movie as Stark Industries was for Iron Man (2). I am good with computers but not half as good as some fo you guys. I think if you put some pressure on the Scariest website, i think we will find what J.J. has hidden so deep for us, the counter led to nothing, and these mp3’s, pictures ans printouts doint get us very far, i think whats J.J. is waiting for us to find is deeper maybe at the very end of the sites program, whether someone gets there legit. or not is up to you, but is you really want to find some dirt thats where to look, they dont advertise it, but thats why we have to look there. Please feel free to respond two minds are better than one.

13. Eli S. says:

I think i should bring this point up again as i did in a previous comment, i think the admin should re organize the site to a moziac sort of format, keeping all the scariest thing info., poppeteers, and other general news together, so you can find the newest info on each leg of the investigation quickly. Just putting that out there. If anyone had a better way please reply!

14. m says:

lol, imagine hooklineandminker really is just a guy blogging about his fish?

15. Xeno Lambrose says:

I’ll share what I make out of it on here, and the connection with the communication between Mysterio and Josh as found on STIES:

“Sorry, didn’t see any back yet/there[?].”

“If we had any, it’d be on the shelf.”

“Blue can, lion on it. You think there’s any in back now?”

“No.”

“OK, sorry.”

Recall that Mysterio wrote: “They’re looking in the wrong place. But I still found you easily.”

How would he prove that? By including a recording he had surreptitiously made of Josh perhaps in a pet store, perhaps checking on his aquarium he wanted, or specialized fish food. This would validate what sounds like a dog barking in the background.

Maybe it’s time to visit the local pet store and check out some of the things that we’ve theorized hearing on the clip?

16. myfingerstinks says:

This is the most probable theory so far;

Josh -Sorry, I didnt see any back there.
    Clerk -If we have any we would let you know.
    Josh -Blue can, Lion on it? You think theres any in back?
    Clerk -No
    Josh -Okay then, sorry.
    (leaves)

17. scottie c says:

most definitely a convinence store. so awesome 😀

18. A lady says:

Blue can with a lion on it..
    Convenience store …. Lőwenbräu Original

19. myfingerstinks says:

Know any fish food brands that have a blue label with a lion on it?

20. C9URK says:

Does anyone makw anything out of the picture from the print out?
    I can make out a desk with some files on in or some kind of tray. also a lamp on the left. Looks like the image is being projected onto a wall but by whom? is the print out in colour as I only have access to a black and whit printer at work.

21. James V. says:

but of course this might NOT be the right path we have to assume every path to the viral there may be a chance the viral isn’t supposed to go this way

22. RyNeus says:

I doubt they’d make a viral for Super 8 before Cloverfield even came out.

However, since that energy drink is suggested for people going on long drives, if we assume it has something to do with Super 8 we could suggest that the person driving the train ( holding the ‘it’ ) was recorded having a conversation with a clerk about buying some of the energy drink for the train ride.
    But I don’t know, I think a little too much….

But! The fact is that RLED was founded in 2001

23. kush says:

Lol @ people talking about a energy drink, not even close.

24. Jason says:

this might just be me, but when i looked up blue can lion on it, first image on google images was a fish. i doubt super 8 rigged google, but im just saying thats unusual

25. admin says:

Roaring Lion is not part of this viral. It has been around for a long time and actually if you ask for Red Bull at a bar, chances are you’re going to get Roaring Lion and not actual Red Bull as it’s cheaper and I believe they can put it on tap (it’s either Roaring Lion or Blue Ox). But either way, Roaring Lion is not part of this viral.

26. ok okay then. I just thought. I also doubted that this was part of the viral. But thanks for the info.

27. The Fake Cocotones says:

I told you I would be back…

28. m says:

blue lion fish perhaps?

29. I bet in the movie this is gonna happen. He goes into a store, looks for something, and if you look real closely, there’s gonna be Rocket Poppeteers in the refrigerator. 🙂

30. CzM says:

At first I thought maybe the blue can with the lion on it was possibly referring to the out-of-circulation beer, Schlitz Malt Liquor, because that drink had a lion on its logo, but it was green and not blue. I thought that may have been relevent because that was a popular drink in the early 80s and possibly the late 70s. If anyone remembers, Billy Dee Williams, or Lando Calrissian to true fans, was the spokes person for it.

Definitely not out of circulation if you know where to look 😉

• CzM says:

@Admin

Hahahah yesss!

Okay, here is something to consider. Let’s assume the assertion that Josh Minker is one of the voices in the convenience store conversation. Could asking for this specific drink be a coded way of asking a question? I think this is worth mentioning because of what we’ve seen with the newspaper article.

31. myfingerstinks says:

Lol. the admin wrote down exactly what I interpreted from the audio file in an earlier post;

This is the most probable theory so far;

Josh -Sorry, I didnt see any back there.
    Clerk -If we have any we would let you know.
    Josh -Blue can, Lion on it? You think theres any in back?
    Clerk -No
    Josh -Okay then, sorry.
    (leaves)

32. bob says:

its a lion its huge

33. 26062 says:

i don’t know about all the things you’re talking about. i will list a few of the stores that you will see in the movie, as they are almost done painting them for filming to start next week

“olsens cameras”
    “A and C foods”
    a jewelry store
    a furniture store
    “**** liquors ” forget the first word

there are others but those are the few i remember from walking by them the other day…tomorrow or friday i will try to get pictures of them, they should just about all be ready for filming by then

34. 26062 says:

promise????…lol…those are the names…or close to it…i will get names for sure with pics soon

35. JewOne says:

Anyone typed .Reenter? It gives you the option to mount a driver, but I’ve tried everything with zero results.

36. CzM says:

And speaking of .REENTER…

Has that missing piece of the puzzle been resolved? It seems as though it has been abandoned. I haven’t noticed any new commands added to the list either as of recent.

Also, what about the footage of the jail cells on Youtube? i haven’t received any notifications of any updates to hooklineandminker on YT either.

I hope we get some closure for both of those areas of the viral.

37. bioician says:

maybe the product is a reference to a time. I bet the customer is in the military during the 50’s to 60’s. the can is Brylcreem.

38. myfingerstinks says:

I have noticed that this movie is getting a lot less attention than cloverfield did.

39. CzM says:

Super 8 Actors Found
    Friday Night Lights star lands in Spielberg/Abrams’ alien flick.
    September 17, 2010
    by Scott Collura LATEST IMAGES

LATEST VIDEOS

The biggest team-up since Batman and Superman, Picard and Kirk — Fred Flintstone and George Jetson even — is heating up. J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg’s Super 8 now has actual castmembers.

Vulture reports that the first two actors have been cast in the film: Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights) and Elle Fanning (sister of you know who) have landed the gigs. As for who they’ll be playing… well, you didn’t think that Supreme Chancellor Abrams would let that info leak already, did you?

40. CzM says:

The above referenced article was obtained during my many scourings of the internet for Super 8 updates.

41. 26062 says:

26062 says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    September 17, 2010 at 6:44 pm

• janesmtih says:

Hey 26062 see post from admin.. when your looking at the picture on image shack “your self” then copy the address bar.. then post that link.. also what was the name its listed under 26062 did not show any files..

” In addition to this faith heath is also going to attempt uploads so keep a eye out”

42. @Janesmith see, this is why we need TWO admins. >.<

43. admin says:

The comment that 26062 posted didn’t have a link to a picture, all it said was “Uploaded with imageshack.us” with a link to imageshack, which is why I didn’t approve it at the time, although I have now so you can see what I’m talking about. It’s posted above…

44. 26062 says:

oh well i posted the link it said to use for websites and it comes out blank

45. janesmith says:

Hey just wanted to carry over some of your thoughts to a thread in forums

http://www.super8news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=224 post your ramblings when you get the chance

46. Jason says:

Maybe hes not saying blue can, lion on it, but Blue Fin Lionfish. If you look on hlm, he has the red fin lionfish, but not the blue. we’ll see