New Super 8 Trailer Coming in March?

new super 8 trailer in march

According to an interview that JJ Abrams did with Collider, we should see a new trailer for Super 8 in March. While I wish we were getting a new trailer sooner, I'm sure this one will be loaded with clues and questions for us to discuss, which is always good. So keep your eyes peeled and if anyone comes across a video of a new trailer before you see it posted on this site make sure to let us know.

While at the party to celebrate the Fox/FX portion of the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, J.J. Abrams talked about his thoughts on the Lost finale, how he feels about the move to Friday nights for Fringe, why he thinks Undercovers failed, and how excited he is to get started on the pilot forAlcatraz on January 19th. He also said that audiences should see a trailer for Super 8 in March, and that he hopes to have made his decision about whether to return to the director’s chair for Star Trek 2 by then.

Check out Collider for the rest of the article.

Update: Rumors are now circulating that we may see a new trailer during the Super Bowl on February 6th. I know I'll be watching the game because the Chicago Bears are going to smoke the Packers this weekend and secure their shot in the big game!

86 Responses to “New Super 8 Trailer Coming in March?”

1. Joe McAwesome says:

hurry up with the viral! i almost had my certificate thrown away! D:<

2. drod8287 says:

Like like like =]

3. Joe McAwesome says:

and being the idiot that i am. FIRST! or SECOND! (cuz i already posted)

4. Huni says:

I hope this doesn´t mean that the viral will be dead until March… impatience could kill me by then!

5. MicMagellan says:

That !@$!@%^ ShakyCam’ “MF” spread him self too thin, and now we’re in viral limbo – on some waiting list of things to do… WILL DIRECT 4 TRAILER!!! that’s my sign. I’ll be on the off ramp in front of the studio. What really blows is that BF-LA and other SUCK@$! moon flicks..! Are starting to look appealing like a rotten orange, yeah it looks nasty but it will get you high as $&%#. If he would have atleast gave us a snip, just a nibble of his de-lailys. A work in progress is still progression. You had me at Minker… Now im lost in trogal

6. Kush says:

I would have to guess that the trailer release would have to be a trailer rolling for Battle: Los Angeles (2011), since it releases March 11th.

7. Janesmith says:

Hummmn .. A birthday gift to me? Aww JJ you do care ….

~~~Jane

8. snackman says:

imagine that jj does another teaser instead of a REAL trailer?

9. Rolo says:

thank you JJ! a new trailer in march sounds cool but i hope stuff will still be discovered on the viral otherwise im aslepp till march! joke

10. AlecHurt says:

Cannot wait!
    this super 8 stuff is confusing and really interesting! i dont get why they would do all this just for a movie???

11. Jeremoogle says:

I’d die if we got a new trailer on March 27th, since that’s my birthday. :3

• Rolo says:

29th is my birthday be a great present if it was released that day. anyone eles birthdays in march? anyone? we can see in 2 months time who’s birthday was closest to the day the trailer was released.

I do hope it is only a teaser . To be honest I’m afraid a trailer will give away to much info I rather go watch the movie than the trailer .

Cloverfield was way much better when I didn’t know what the hell I was looking for or what was coming next. All I knew was that the statue was destroyed and a unexplained roar , enough to get me hooked ,line and minkered.

13. Penguin says:

I was thinking the trailer would be on Apollo 18, but I guess it wil be B:LA.

14. super8investor says:

Alien Movies Are Around The Corner All Of A Sudden

• Huni says:

The trailer kinda remids me of District 9, mostly because of the ship emerging from the ground. Those aliens attacking the military (if those things are indeed the aliens) also look quite similar to the infamous “prawns”.

• jessenyhc says:

cant wait for this movie, it will hold me over until S8.

Is it just me or does Battle la ships look a bit too c.g-ish . I mean look at the classic alien invasion movie Independence Day ,those ships looked real .

These cg ones look like we’ve been invaded by windows 8 .

En don’t compare that movie to Wikus , Wikus is ver beter as dai ou l.a movie . Die prawns sal dai aliens se gatte lekker skop . trots Suid Afrikaans broer.

16. Rixucks says:

If you look on the Josh profile Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001250455841).
    There’s a new clue.

But maybe is just a fake profile…..

17. James V. says:

Guys I’ve got it Ok just listen in his last post if you use all the capital letters (top to bottom)
    it spells out “Must Be Careful”. He’s Hiding clues in his posts!!!!!!! This can’t POSSIBLY be fake it only makes sense!!!!!!

• James V. says:

By last post I mean in his Facebook profile (the one with the moon as the picture,the one with the frog is fake and is just used to confuse people OR MAYBE THATS THE POINT!!! I’m not sure…)

• Rand says:

Looks fake to me. His stating that a clue is hidden in the poem makes the whole thing fake, I mean, why would he give any kind of clues at all? About what, the viral itself? It´s an ARG, the things that happen to Josh are suposed to be actual events of his life, he doesn´t know we (and by we I refer to everyone following the viral) exist, so he could never be giving us clues of any kind.
        Besides, I read a status of that account about Josh mentioning his creating a new email account, as his old one (the one that appears in his website) no longer works. That screams “fake” all over the place.

18. John31 says:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Super 8 will have a TV Spot during the SuperBowl. Along with Captain America and others. Can’t wait to the SuperBowl 🙂

You heard it from me John31

19. CzM says:

Food for thought for my fellow Super 8 Watchers:

Keep your eyes peeled during the Super Bowl because I just read online that a Super 8 trailer is counted amongst the half dozen or so film trailers featured during the game. I’m not sure if this is the trailer we are all awaiting in March or if its a televised airing of the teaser we are all more than familiar with. I don’t want to take away attention from our dear Admin’s site, so if you want to verify this for yourself fish around on the net to find out more info. But the site I referenced is a reliable source for any and all film related news and updates.

Have a good weekend!

When is the Super bowl .

21. JC4real says:

SuperBowl XLV is on Feb 6th. I can’t wait for two reasons – the Steelers are gonna win #7, and I hope S8 trailer is for real. I was an extra and got picked by JJ and Tommy for a speaking part. So cool to be directed by JJ!! June 10th can’t come fast enough….

22. James V. says:

First of all are you sure you looked at the right Josh Minker theres like three and only one seems remotely real second maybe he’s trying to contact mysterio not us which would explain him not replying to any of our messages/frien requests although i’m still betting its fake I just wanted to inform you guys you never know maybe were SUPPOSED to think its fake only J.J. would twist up an ARG like that but still its probably fake food for thought though!!

23. JM6687 says:

Ok so according to cinemablend the Super 8 trailer will be shown during the upcoming Superbowl on Feb. 6th. Not sure how true this is but here is the link:

Read for yourselfs. If this is true then I am extremely excited now.

24. Joshua Arispe says:

There’s news spreading saying Super 8 will be in IMAX theaters, NOT IN 3D, but big that big screen.

25. Janesmith says:

Yeah I am looking forward to the Priest trailer as well, oh wait this game still going on? ehh did not notice…

goes back to sleep….

26. JC4real says:

Sorry, I can’t tell – I signed a contract, sworn to death 😉 Besides, why ruin it?

27. 26062 says:

i am sure you signed a contract because i know others that did.. i am sure nothing you said could ruin anything

28. Ethan says:

Super 8 trailer during the super bowl. It’s confirmed.

Just hope we get the whole show this side of the world .

30. Jason says:

Oh my, now I have a reason to watch the super bowl!

31. drod says:

/agree with Jason perfect reason to watch it ^^

• Shayan says:

Okay, I’m not sure what your trying to say here. Are you trying to say that Super8 in brazil is caled darlings?

• cul8tr says:

Maybe thats the real title. Who knows? I wouldn’t be surprised if Super 8 is not the real title.

I have been thinking all along that the children in the cast actually play aliens. Calling it darlings might actually make sense.

32. That’s what that article says

33. Ock says:

How bout them Bears!?

34. ARodgers012 says:

Go PACK!

35. llamas875 says:

I saw an article somewhere that said Super 8 would probably have a Super Bowl spot, so watch out for it.

36. JC4real says:

You’re headed down the wrong trail “cul8tr” The kids don’t play aliens for sure. “Little Darlings” was the name of the production, S8 was never referenced during filming, on set, etc.

37. Shayan says:

Aight I’m dying right now waiting for Feb 4th for the Super Bowl because Super8 trailer is gonna show up there! I’m so syked for that.

38. ashvirdee says:

hey guys and girl. Quite new to this blogging but you have to remember jj’s recipe is quite simple. Get everyone hooked on some very meaty clips from the movie and then once everyone is itching like a cracked head who hasn’t had a fix for about 3 months release the movie and Mr abbrams is the next pablo escobar. Everyone went to watch cloverfield. A very clever movie but be honest did you watch it a second time? No. That’s cause Mr abbrams knows how to mass market a not so good movie but still get his ten’s even hundred million dollars for it. Hats off to you son.

39. Well I got my RP Certificate yesterday, I GOT TWIN TEAMWORK!!! I also got assigned an ID Code to use at RP.com, to “begin my training.”

40. Ryan says:

The trailer during the superbowl will just be the same teaser we’ve already seen.

41. Janesmith says:

Maybe all this hullabaloo about “new trailer” and certificate mass mailing and has a tie?

……I smell rocket fuel…anyone else smell rocket fuel?

42. Rolo says:

just occured to me that Rocket Poppeters is similar to Slusho and that Scariesthingieversaw is similar to 1-18-08.
    also i cant get on the RP website anymore its just a black screen, can anyone else still get on there?

• JM6687 says:

That page is up and running. It loads and plays the music but i still don’t see where i can plug in my certificate information.

43. RANKINFullStop says:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but Josh is obsessed with getting a Coelacanth, an ancient fish once though to be extinct. And the term “Trogl” keeps popping up, well “Trogl” is a greek/latin term for “cave dweller”. Much like the word “troglodyte” or “prehistoric cave dweller”. Going back to the Dulce Base Firefight story, Phil Schnieder discussed finding an ancient race of aliens in cave like systems. Sounds like thats obviously what we’re dealing with.

44. docanaheim55 says:

Uh gee where there was smoke there was fire. Chicago smoked
    the Packers, NOT!!! Seems a powerhouse Super Bowl is in order.
    Keep your eyes open during the advertising blitz there just might be something we have been waiting a while to see.

• JoshyBoy says:

yeah, its already been confirmed that there’s suppost to be a new preview for super 8, captain america, and battle los angeles, only naming a few. we;ll just have to wait till next week to find out!

45. JoshyBoy says:

ok listen. I know about the movie and about scariestthingieversaw.com. but what i don’t know is who is Josh? and what happened to his father? is Josh really real and is he leaving clues and crap to actually help us help him find his father? or what. and secondly what’s up with Rocket Poppeteer. i know about Slusho, but is Rocket pop. relpacing it? oh and btw. what is the braegon 14 icon on scariestthingieversaw and why is there that weird conversation on the music folder? what’s it about. can u guys give me like a 411 on whats up? i read like teh timelines and stuff but my questions still don’t have answers. THANKS!

46. Richard says:

ATTENTION I KNOW WHAT SUPER 8 IS REMEMBER ON THESUPER 8 TRAILER WHEN THE CARGO DOOR EXPLODES YOU SEE A LITTLE BOY IN THERE…….THAT’S ELLIOT FROM E.T. THE super 8 TAKES PLACE IN 1979 BASICALLY ELLIOT WAS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS WHO SWITCHED THE BODYS OF E.T. AND ELLIOT..SO WHEN WE ALL WATCHED E.T THAT BOY NAMED ELLIOT WAS REALLY THE ALIEN SUPER 8 WILL EXPLAIN WAY BETTER.. OYEAH AND THE REASON THE ALIENS CAME BCK FOR ET WAS TOO GET ALL THE INFORMATION HE LEARNED ABOUT EARTH WHILE HE WAS THERE..WHEN E.T. AND ELLIOT TOUCHED FINGERS AND YOU SAW A GLOW THAT WAS. THE ALIEN LEAVING THE HUMAN BODY AND RETURNING TO HIS OWN BODY…(HINTS E.T. PHONE HOME)

47. SteveFratty says:

OMG YOU’RE RIGHT YOU KNOW FOR A MOMENT THERE I WAS SKEPTICAL BUT GOD DAMN THOSE CAPITAL LETTERS REALLY SOLD IT TO ME BRO YOU CRACKED IT DAMN.

Tool.

48. docanaheim55 says:

Somebody either dropped you both or kicked you in the head. Listen guys I know how bad every one wants and loves Redux films but Super * is an original its not a replay or continuation of CEOTTK or ET or Cloverfield. Damn guys get original. Now as for the image its one of the boy shooting the Zombie film on a Super 8 Movie camera thus the name of the Movie.