Kids are Filming a Zombie Movie

jj abrams interview zombie movie

It appears that JJ Abrams is starting to let the information fly. Along with the new 30 second TV Spot that was shown during the Super Bowl, some more information as come to light during an interview with Abrams. According to the LA Times, a group of 6 youngsters are filming a zombie movie near some rural train tracks when they witness the train crash we've all come to know and love. It appears that they drop their camera as it's still filming and come back later to discover a creature on the film.

The Paramount Pictures release is set in Ohio in 1979 and introduces a troupe of six youngsters who are using a Super 8 camera to make their own zombie movie. One fateful night, their project takes them to a lonely stretch of rural railroad tracks and, as the camera rolls, calamity strikes — a truck collides with an oncoming locomotive and a hellacious derailment fills the night with screaming metal and raining fire. Then something emerges from the wreckage, something decidedly inhuman.

From the article it sounds like Abrams is a little worried about going up against some huge franchise names this summer so he's beginning to give a little more information to the public so that they have an idea of what Super 8 is. If you have a second head on over to the source link below and read the whole article, you won't regret it, it's got some good information in it.

source: LA Times Hero Complex

26 Responses to “Kids are Filming a Zombie Movie”

1. Yaveth says:

………sweet.

2. RANKINFullStop says:

Thank goodness! There’s kid in the superbowl spot that looked like a zombie and I got SUPER confused. Glad that clears it up haha

3. Robb says:

Maybe I’m mistaken but I had thought the train was not going to be in the movie? So it makes me think i’s any of this gonna be in the movie? Like I’m guessing now it is I just thought before the train was just a prequel persay

4. alwayslove2010 says:

Maybe we should zoom in and make the image a bit clearer on the super 8 lens right when it was dropped, it seemed like something moved in it.

5. Dustin says:

Hmmm maybe this might not be a ” moster movie” like cloverfeild or godzilla. I am thinking this might be an actual ”zombie” movie.

6. Rixx says:

Spooky, yesterday, probbably as you were writing this article, there was a firery train derailment in Ohio! Check the news!

7. Almish says:

When I heard bout the train crash I flipped! very weird indeed

I kinda unlike this , one of the reasons why I want to watch this movie is to see what happened . Not be told .

Looks like even the creative minds have to bend at the will of hollywood.

9. Troy 'Wings' Jackson says:

Is the kid in the trailer wearing the green dress from craigs list? Seen at 0.20s in the new trailer.

10. Scot says:

Watching the trailer over an over and in a lot of the scenes everyone is looking up at something bright and big. I watched the Close encounters of the third kind trailer’s and the look and feel of that film matches this one. I think it is an alien but not like the cloverfield type.

• snackman says:

OK…OK…. I have to say very impressive and cool I wish that was actually the monster.(YOU can clearly see the hands and the head) but…… remember in the trailer the super 8 camera fell to its side? Why would the “monster/alien be standing…side ways?

11. drod8287 says:

Another thing on the blue berets the airmen are wearing in the trailer. Talked to some people at the airforce base by me (I’m army) and they all confirmed that the only type of unit that has ever worn the berets in the airforce have been security forces. AKA Military police so those airmen wearing the berets in the shot are 1978-9 security forces but for which base is unknown Im not sure what bases were around that area durning that time frame well back to more research on the airmen and seeif I can originate them from some base….. Also what gets me is usually during a national crisis the military would send the national guard first strikes me a tad bit funny that the airforce beat then to it…. Or maybe it was pre planned as a contingency in case the monster being transported escaped….. Again more research…..

12. drod8287 says:

Correction Lillian OH not weirton buy I did find something interesting….. Why is the film set in Lillian Ohio when wright-Patterson AFB Is located two hours west of Lillian why was the train all the way out there when it derailed is that where the secure facility is….. More research….

13. Blake says:

not trying to “steal” viewers from the website or anythin’, but the unification super 8 page has made some rather large finds with recent screen grabs, admin should check em’ out they are pretty interesting.

14. Sk says:

I was an extra in the movie. One of the parts I was in is in the trailer where the soldier is looking up in the sky and the building behind him explodes. I was a little to the right of him so i cant be seen in the trailer. t’s crazy to see it after all the effects are added

15. Scot says:

I remember as a kid the AF Security police were all dressed up like that unless they were at the front gate and then they would be wearing class A’s or B’s light blue short or long sleave shirt and a white ascot around their neck with the base insignia pin (Strategic Air Command or Tactical Air Command etc.) plus their pants would be tucked in their boots and they wore the same beret and with white gloves. The SP’s that drove around and guarded the runway’s and pulled speeders over etc. wore the exact same uniform from the trailer. My guess listening to the first trailer you can hear the locomotive engineer talking to a unit at Wright-Patterson and the the Wright-Pat guy asks the train for a SITREP (Situation Report) and the train guy says something like on schedule or on time. After the train wreck it is realistic to have a AF Security Police team on site to secure it, the same thing would happen if a aircraft crashed. I grew up in the AF my dad retired 20 years and I’ve been in the Army for almost 20 myself so when it comes to military movies or movies with military units, equipment etc I usally cringe when its way over the top, but this looks ok for now. The only thing that is questionable is the flamethrower. Flamethrowers have not been in the U.S. arsenal since 1978, when the Department of Defense unilaterally stopped using them. Maybe they just pulled out the flame thrower from somewhere because it is necessary to find or kill this “Thing”

16. Scot says:

Also in the superbowl trailer, the frame with the kids dressed up in zombie makeup and one is filming and the girl in between them and the kid with the headphones in the back ground on the left side of the frame it looks like a UH-1 Iroquios aka Huey helicopter is moving into the frame heading behind them all.

17. drod8287 says:

Wow Unfiction has put a lot together they are finding new stills everyday and the using the three dots they are piecing bigger pictures tOgether

18. Scot says:

Yep, the guys at Unification are really good. I’m an imagery analyst in the Army and I thought I was good at small details but these guys are awesome.

Can’t wait to get my internet up and running . Trying to keep up with my phone , and watching the trailer in 3gp sucks . I’m missing out on a lot of things .

After such a hectic week have anyone check the other sites out yet .

20. drod8287 says:

Yeah scot in regards to the flamethrower they may have stopped using the flamethrower unilaterally but remember DOD (department of defense for those who don’t know military aycronms) keep an arsenal with every weapon the military and law enforcement has used past or present I remember seeing a documentary on the Tommy gun and 50’s weapons stating that so again maybe they pulled it out of the aresanl for a special purpose.

21. Sarah S says:

this is my first time here and I just wanted to stop by and say hello everyone.