3 Clips Shown to Australian Press

Just as the title says, there were 3 clips shown to the Australian press yesterday. There are some spoilers in the article, but the author does  a good job of letting you know when they are coming so don't worry about being caught off guard. I read the whole article so those of you that don't want to don't have to and I will say that there are some spoilers regarding the creature itself. There are some details regarding it's appearance as well as it's size, so be warned, but all of those details are explained in the 3rd clip. The first clip isn't really much and the 2nd clip is the main train crash clip that we know all about, but it goes into more detail.

So feel free to read the article if you want, but just be warned that there are some spoilers so if you don't want to know anything going in I would suggest steering clear. The clips total about 30 minutes of rough footage that still has to be mixed and edited down as well as polished up (visual effects aren't complete). And all of the footage comes from the 1st act of the movie.

source: damngoodcup.com

10 Responses to “3 Clips Shown to Australian Press”

1. Kevin says:

HAHAHAHA! I made a post a while back stating that I discovered the alien in the trailer, or at least a portion of the alien, if people feel like checking it out here

Now, i’m not gonna post any spoilers about what the new article say’s is part of the alien, BUT, I mentioned it about a month ago.

And as far as I was concerned I was the first person to mention it ANYWHERE! 🙂

Can I get a badge or something?

2. Danny says:

well I read the article and I can’t image that Mr. Abrams is going to be very happy about the description of creature getting out even though it only gave a tid bit of information on what it looked like. Still can’t wait to see the movie.

3. Just thinking says:

@kevin: agreed! U do deserve a badge or @ least a cookie. 🙂 I found the australian press sneak peek article and posted the link under the last Super 8 app post. I kid u not, as soon as I started reading part 3 of the article, I immediately thought of your old post w/ the uploaded pics. looks like u were definitely on to something!

4. chris says:

Oh my god…….THE MONSTER IS CTHULU!!!!!!!! Look him up if u don’t know

5. Kevin says:

@just thinking
    cheers! 🙂 haha I’m literally eating a cookie now, I kid you not!

Apologies for gloating or acting childish, but I’ve been religiously following this film since I first caught wind of it over a year ago and I was generally excited when I read that revealing article, as I was right.

Roll on august over here 🙁 sucks to not live in the US 🙁

6. tom baldwin says:

i’m not reading anything, i have the patience to wait until the movie comes out so i can be blown away by everything.

7. Shayan says:

I think its safe to say that…. THIS WILL BE A KICK ASS MOVIE!

8. just thinking says:

Righteous! Wish I had a cookie, lolol! 🙂

And, it’s all good. You’re not gloating, you’re celebrating -_-

I always kept that post in mind as new info came out, b/c it was so wild how you noticed that, and nobody jumped on it.

It was like, unless those are some really long, mint toothpaste-colored licorice strings, those have to be related to the creature, haha.

9. Gez says:

Hope it is CTHULU H.P.Lovecraft was dope!

10. Anthony says:

I haven’t lost faith in abrahms but hasn’t there just been a movie about octopus aliens (Monsters)